The Philippine Association of Academic/Research Librarians, Inc. (PAARL) is very happy to announce its call for research papers for the PAARL Research Journal 2018 issue. The special theme for this issue, which is in line with the theme of PAARL’s 2018 National Summer Conference in Palawan, is: “User Experience (UX) Matters!: Looking at Library Services from a User Perspective.”
This thematic issue aims to gather research papers analyzing library users’ perception and experiences about library services, collections, facilities, and spaces.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Research papers to be submitted must be in line with the theme and should fall under one or more of the following subject areas or topics:
- UX approaches to service design
- Co-design of library services with UX
- Collaboration/partnerships for service delivery
- Innovative approaches to gathering and acting on user feedback
- Technological innovation in improving UX
- Service development and improvement
- Space and facilities planning and use
- User needs and usability studies
- UX design methods and tools
- Library visibility and accessibility
- Qualitative research methods in library UX
- Mobile UX for libraries
- User experience and analytics
- The full-paper, with a maximum of 10,000 words, must be written in English and submitted as a Microsoft Word document (*.doc or *.docx).
- The full-paper should include, at the minimum, the following contents (see also attached template):
- Purpose/objectives of the paper
- Significance of the study
- Design, methodology, approach
- Research limitations and implication/s, if applicable
- Statement of originality of the paper
- 3-5 keywords
- About the author(s), including name(s) of author(s), position or title of author(s), affiliation of author(s), email address, telephone, short biographical note (not exceeding 200 words).
- The full-paper must be formatted as follows (see also attached template):
- Default font (Main body): 12pt, Times New Roman
- Default line spacing: single-spaced
- Paper title: 14pt (Bold Upper and Lower Case)
- Author’s name, affiliation, abstract, keywords: 12pt (Bold Upper and Lower Case)
- Page size: Letter-size 8.5”x11”
- The full-paper must be submitted with the subject “[Paper Submission] PAARL RESEARCH JOURNAL 2018” to email@example.com on or before 15 September 2018. Contributions will be double-blind peer-reviewed. Authors of accepted papers must complete the PAARL Authors’ Permission Form (to be given later).
- Submissions will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Relevance to the practice of Philippine Academic Librarianship
- Significance of the research topic/problem
- Quality, soundness, credibility of the theoretical/conceptual framework/ and or research paradigm
- Quality of findings and recommendations
- Submission of full-paper: 15 September 2018
- Notification of acceptance: 15 October 2018
- Final submission of revised papers: 15 November 2018
Accepted papers may also be considered for the 2018 PAARL Best Research Awards.
May we also request wide dissemination of this invitation to your colleagues and friends.
Thank you and we look forward to your continued support and participation.